Hybrid veneers are a type of composites veneers. However, they are pre-fabricated composites that are fabricated by professional dental laboratory or supplier. Unlike standard composite veneers whereby the composite bonding are applied directly over your teeth by your dentists, hybrids are pre-made laminates. Like indirect porcleain veneers, the hybrid laminates are fitted over your front teeth surface. Treatment is therefore also completed within one visit fitting.
Indirect veneer is normally made of porcelain and needs to be made in the dental labs. At BIDH cosmetic dental clinic, the process for indirect veneers typically takes around 3 to 7 days. With digitalized dental labs, your cosmetic dentist at BIDH is able to efficiently customized your porcelain veneers at our dental clinic.
Types of Dental Veneers
- Composite veneers
- Porcelain veneers
Composite veneers are laminates made from composite resin materials. They tend to be used over the short to medium-term and requires replacement over time. Composites turn yellowish in color over time and can chip with biting load pressure. Direct bonding are composites layered over the front teeth surface to provide a new outer cover. It can change color shades, shape or size of teeth. Bonding can also close gaps between teeth. Your dentists applies the composite resin and cures (hardens) the dental bonding at the chairside. Direct bonding can therefore completed within one visit. Hybrid veneers, as explained above, are composite veneers but are pre-made from dental labs, Your dentists takes these pre-fabricated hybrid veneers and secures them over your front teeth during one visit.
Porcelain veneers are thin wafers made of porcelain. Porcelain are stain resistant and provide for longer-term use. Porcelain does not change color and are stronger than composite veneers. IPS Empress is the brand of porcelain veneers most commonly used by cosmetic dentists globally. Super-thin veneers are basically porcelain veneers but differ in that they are made extremely ultra-thin by the dental labs. The ultra-thin veneers typically require good lab technicians and labwork as teethworks are as beautiful and natural-looking based on the artistic skills of your lab technician with cosmetic dentist.
Why Choose BIDH Cosmetic Dental Clinic For Veneers?
Get a consult with our cosmetic dental specialists on a treatment plan on how your can enhance, improve and restore your smile and your self-confidence. At BIDH bangkok dental clinic, we uses digital dentistry to customized your cosmetic dentistry treatment to you.
Award-winning Cosmetic Dental Center
- American board certified cosmetic dentistry specialists
- Dedicated Dental Lab for fast veneers treatment
- Skilled veneers technicians for natural-looking veneers
- Digital technologies to guide customization of veneer to each patient based on your facial profile
- Authorized IPS Empress veneers center using genuine, premium and quality veneers material specifications
Nano-composite Hybrid Composite Veneers
Hybrid veneers is prefabricated veneers made from nano-hybrid composite using modern laser technology. A type of direct veneers, hybrid composites are a state-of-the-art minimally invasive aesthetic dentistry.
With these veneers, it is now possible to directly create the natural shape and luminance of a pre-fabricated tooth easily in one appointment visit to your cosmetic dentist. Combining lab-based aesthetic and quick direct veneer treatment technique, they provide benefits for quick smile makeovers.
Benefits of Direct Veneers
Dental veneers helps to improve your teeth appearance. They address teeth aesthetic concerns for individuals who do may not opt for other cosmetic dental treatments such as teeth whitening, braces, or retainers.
Direct veneers provides many benefits that include:
- quick veneer treatment
- improves outlook with natural look teethworks
- able to choose and selected teeth whiteness
Hybrid direct Veneers Procedure
1. Treatment Plan & Diagnoses
During treatment planning, your dentist discusses with you on your various dental veneers options and checks if your case is suited for hybrid direct veneers. If suited, a sizing and shade guide is then used to choose the desired color shades of composite veneers.
2. Confirmation on Hybrid Laminate Shape & Shade
Your chosen veneer shell is placed over your teeth to check your desired shape and size. Your dentists roughens the inner surface of the veneers and shapes your gum margin. Minimal tooth preparation on your teeth surface to enable proper shaping and securely adhere the laminates on teeth.
Your veneers are temporarily placed onto your teeth. Your dentist confirm with on you expected position, shape and outcome.
3. Fitting of Pre-fabrictated Wafers with Nano-composites
When satisifed, your teeth surface is cleaned and coated to prepare the bonding of the pre-fabricated hybrid laminate to your teeth. Nano-hybrid composite is adpated with the laminate wafer and shaped into place.
4. Veneers Bonding & Care
The veneer is bonded onto your teeth surface with curing light. Your teeth is polished and your dentists does finishing along your teeth edges. Like other direct veneers, care of hybrid composite veneers is required for prolong use.
Post Care Instuctions for Hybrid Tooth Veneers
Hybrid laminates may be stronger than direct composite veneers but still requires similar care as of any direct composite veneers:
- Practice good oral hygiene practices with daily brushing and flossing
- Avoid sticky and hards foods that can chip your teeth and veneers
- Visit your dentist bi-annual and as and when you discover any issues to
- Check and keep your composite veneers clean and polished
- Use soft-bristled brushes and non-abrasive toothpastes
Veneers Patient Reviews
Patients have travelling to BIDH dental hospital a smile makeover transformation using veneers. Our top cosmetic dentistry dentists has placed thousands of dental veneers, crowns and treated full mouth rehabiliation cases. Below are some patient reviews of celebrities on veneers work done at our cosmetic dental clinic. View more patient reviews on our Dental Hospital YouTube channel.
Miss Grand International
Local Actress Miss Lin
Before and After Case Gallery
Dental problems and issues treated with veneers and crowns include corrected chipped and damage teeth, teeth discoloration, decay, mild crookedness or smapp gaps between teeth. Restorative dentists at BIDH dental hospital are highly qualified and well-experience in resolving aesthetic issues. Below are some before and after cases done by our dental team.
Irregularities in teeth, damaged teeth and decay can be transformed and replaced with crowns and veneers.
Chipped tooth and misshaped teeth can be changed to provide a consistent and even smile.
Yellowish teeth and slightly missaligned teeth or old restorations is changed with new porcelain veneers.
Worn down and short teeth can be lengthen for a brighter and more confident-looking smile.
*Please note that the photos for reference purposes.
Results for each individaul will differ based on own oral condition and teeth types. To get an personalized post-veneers treatment result, a wax-up mockup or digital smile design may be drawn up for your case to determine if veneers treatment is suited and meets your expected outcome.
Costs of Veneers
Based on material type, porcelain veneers typically out-last composite veneers due to strength characteristics of material. The life expectancy of veneers is based on each person’s bite, care and use.
Composite veneers will need to be replaced over-time. From past cases, composites normally last around 5 to 7 years, but they may need to be fixed as and when they chip. As composites requires frequent care and maintenance, composite veneers is only done for selective cases.
Porcelain veneers is the standard recommended dental veneers. With good care and reasonable precautions can last 10 years or more. Dental veneers however need the same care as your natural teeth. Even through porcelain is glass, it can still crack with excessive pressure. A night guard is always recommended for individauls with night grinding.
Veneers provides many benefits and is a quick cosmetic dental procedure. There are however several risks and considerations before opting for veneers:
- Irreversible: Veneers normally require a some amount of reshaping of natural teeth to fit your veneers in place. Most of the time, the process irreversible unless opting for no-prep veneers right from thes start of treatment. No-prep veneers however applies only to very selective and mild cases and normally is not used for the majority of cases. For this reason, it is important to choose a qualified and skill cosmetic specialists for your veneers work.
- Possibility of chipping: Veneers can chip and be damaged, especially if it is used to bite hard items or if there is a habit of teeth grinding or nail-biting. Although porcelain veneers are durable, they can chip with repeat biting pressure.
- Costly: Veneers can be an expensive. Most individuals opt veneers as an investment in their happiness and provide them with new confidence when they smile.
- Contra-indications : If you have a tendency for gum disease, weak enamel or certain dental problems, your dentist may recommend alternative treatments or these dental problems will first need to be resolved before veneers are done.