Dentures are used to treat missing teeth.
Benefits of Dentures
- may be used to replace single, multiple or full jaw missing teeth
- used for all types of patients and bone condition
- easy to clean and maintain
Restorative Comestic Dental Center
To restore your smile and teeth, BIDH has an on-site digital dental laborotory to make your all ceramic zirconia bridges. Using CAD/CAM technologies, seeking treatment at BIDH allows for shorted treatment timings. Shade and shape may be adjusted with you at chairside during your visits with us.Digital Lab
The basic constructs of dentures are:
- Full dentures : Complete dentures replace all missing teeth
- Partial Dentures : replace missing gaps with some remaining natural teeth
Dentures are normally made up of materials :
- acrylic dentures: pink plastic that forms the base of the dentures with acrylic teeth
- metal-frame dentures : that has a metal base framework with acrylic surrounding the plate or framework
Dentures that are worn immediate after teeth removal and called immediate dentures. Immediate dentures are normally made of acyrlic. After teeth removal, gum tissue and bone normally shrink over the healing period. The immediate dentures will thus need adjustments to fit you properly during the healing process.
Generally, after about 2 to 6 months later, immediate dentures that are temporary solution is replaced with a more permanent conventional dentures or other treatment options in replacing missing gapsDental Implants Dental Bridges
Procedure for Dentures
1. Treatment Plan & Diagnoses
There are many missing teeth replacement options including dentures, dental bridges and dental implants. Your prosthodontist discuss your options for missing teeth replacement with you. An x-ray is taken to check your bone condition.
If choosing dentures as your choice, teeth impressions and jaw measurements are taken and sent to the dental laboratory to start building your dentures.
2. Dentures Labwork & Trial Framework Fit
Your prosthodontist and lab technician create the models, wax forms, plastic patterns based on the model. Your dentist arranges for you for trial fitting of the dentures plate or framework.
Several session of visits may be required to assessed and confirm the color, shape, and fit before the final denture is cast.
3. Cast Final Dentures & Adjustments
After the required specifications is complete, the final dentures is cast. Your prosthodontist fits the dentures and makes more adjustment visits to obtain the right bite occlusion.
Complete dentures will likely require more visits and longer treatment timings than partial dentures as your prosthodontist. Depending on the material chosen, the complexity design of the denture, you visit timings will vary. Dentures typically require more than 3 to 4 visits.
Care of Dentures
Adpating to your new dentures
If you are new to dentures, it will take time to practice and get use to your dentures. You may feel uncomfortable for the first few weeks.
When eating new dentures, start with soft foods and cut your food into small pieces. Chew slowly using both sides of your mouth. Add other foods as your adapt to your denture.
Dentures can occasionally slip. Dental adhesives may be used as directed to give added stability. If your dentures are ill-fitting, it can be harmful to the underlying soft and hard tissues. If you have difficulty pronouncing words and your dentures “click” when talking, contact your dentist to have them adjusted.
Remove your dentures before bed to allows gum tissues to rest.
Instructions on caring for your dentures
- Clean your dentures daily by brushing with soft bristles and rinsing dentures without toothpaste. Toothpaste is abrasive and can scratches that encourages plaque build up. You can also use denture cleaners
- Rinse dentures after every meal.
- Be careful not to bend the denture attachment or plastic base
- Keep your dentures moist when it is not being worn to prevent them from drying out and distorting. Place denture in cleanser soaking solution or in water.
- Never put your dentures in hot water that cause them to warp