Valplast at BIDH Dental Clinic
Flexible dentures is made up of a thin thermoplastic material that is softer than regular dentures. One of the most commonly used flexible dentures is Valplast partial dentures. Valplast is made from new polymers materials (nylon) and is a type of hybrid acrylic dentures.
Benefits of Flexible Dentures
- higher function standards due to flexibility of the material that forces over supporting jaw bone instead of specific support points. Thereafter, this allows distribution of forces for balance that reduces need for denture reline visits
- better comfort and feels more natural to wear
- superior or good esthetics as it is metal-free and does not have visible metal clasps seen in regular partial dentures
At BIDH dental clinic in Thailand, a dentures dentist or prosthodontist provides options to your missing gap replacements such as dentures, dental bridges or dental implants. Your dentist discusses and explains the various dental treatments before you decide which treatment plan is best suited for you. Dentures will require periodic relining visits and care. Other denture type include metal frame dentures.
Acrylic Hybrid Denture Types
Although you are able to use flexible ploymers make full denture for specific patients that may be allergic to some form or acrylics, Valplast is reserved only for removable partial dentures. Because full dentures will need some degree of rigidity to be held in the mouth, Valplast may not be suitable for full dentures.
Flexible dentures allows your partial dentures to be light weight, comfort, looks natural and has relative better strength than regular acyrlic dentures. At our dental clinics in Thailand, flexible dentures costs may be slightly higher than acyrlic dentures but is normally priced similar to metal frame dentures.The timeline is however normally shorter to construct relative to metal frame dentures.
Care of Flexible Dentures
Post Care Instructions
If you experience any discomfort, unusual movement, or irritation from wearing your acrylic hybrid dentures, please inform your dentist for advise and check. You will need to brush your natural teeth and gums regularly as directed by your dentist
Caring from Valplast
- Clean your dentures daily under running water to remove loose particles. Like all acrylic dentures, they should remain hydrated when they are now worn. For valplast there is cleaning solution available to soak the dentures.
- Do not use ordinary toothbrushes or toothpaste that may scratch or dull the surface of your appliance. Remove your flexible denture appliance when brushing your natural teeth
FAQ on Flexible Dentures
Flexible denture or Valplast denture is a thermoplastic nylon material that may be good for individuals who suffer allergic reactions to acrylic and metal dental materials. Valplast does not contain acrylic monomer and completely metal free. Surveys also report that flexible dentures tends to be more comfortable than regular acyrlic dentures or metal frame dentures.
Acyrlic protheses will need daily maintenance. With good oral hygiene and propoer denture care, it can last three years upwards varying with your use and care. Your dentures will need to be relined or rebased. If your dentures is loose, distorted or causing discomfort to you, it may be due for a new set.
The cost of flexible dentures is normally more expensive than acyrlic dentures and simliar to that of metal frame denture costs.
In Thailand, the cost of flexible dental plate starts around THB10,000 (or estimated USD315). The total cost of the acrylic dentures is dependent on the total number of teeth added onto the denture plate. Enquiry and ask on dentures price at BIDH dental hospital for your case.
This will depend on how the dentures has been damaged. Some denture materials are not made to be repaired. If you however able to check with your dentist to have additional tooth added onto the valpast plate.